[Zope] PythonScripts and ExternalMethods

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 15:27:23 -0500

From: Chris Gray <cpgray@library.uwaterloo.ca>
> I notice that the CVS tree for Zope2 has incorporated
(internal)
> PythonScripts and gotten rid of (external) PythonScripts.
This leaves the
> old ExternalMethods but without the Bindings tab.  Will
External Methods
> eventually include this and present a form for passing
argument values
> when the TryIt tab is used?

Jim and I expect to make External Methods obsolete, rather
than upgrading them.  In the near future, you will be able
to get most of the functionality of External Methods from
Python Scripts' import capability.  In the longer term, we
expect Zope 3 to completely change the way you write Zope
code.

In the meantime, External Methods work pretty well.

Cheers,

Evan @ digicool & 4-am