[Zope] How to specify to z sql methods, the connection object to use at runtime...time...

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Tue, 05 Dec 2000 13:56:20 +0100

Hi Frederic,

Frederic Quin schrieb:

> Hi all,
>
> I have the same querry to execute on different servers. I don't want to
> create as many z sql methods as servers I have. I would like to specify
> to my z sql method, the connection object to use at run time. Do I have
> to patch the files of z sql methods ? Can I use directly the connection
> object ??
A clean approach would be subclassing the zsql-method
for your purpose. I would not recommend a free-form
string as argument for the Datasource. May be an integer index
(first, second, third... database server)
or something like that?

Regards
Tino