[Zope] Large XML files

paul_s_johnson@urscorp.com paul_s_johnson@urscorp.com
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 16:01:08 -0600

I am testing the possibilities of delivering the content of  XML Documents
through the Zope environment.  Unfortunately, some of the proposed file are
rather large (up to 760KB) and just uploading them and viewing them on our
current Zope server is prohibitively slow.  Our server, running Z2 is a
blazing P133 running NT 4.0 with 32 MB of RAM (I get the bottom feeders).
Is the bottleneck the hardware; is there something I can do software-wise
to improve performance; or is development not yet advanced enough to handle
this scenario efficiently? Any opinions on this?

Thanks,

P. Johnson