[Zope] the day of zope headaches

Kevin Teague kteague@stormix.com
Tue, 05 Dec 2000 20:00:11 -0800

> Zope has encountered an error while publishing this resource.
>
> IOError
>
> Sorry, a Zope error occurred.
>
> such a very helpful message. this happened while reindexing the ZCatalog

View the HTML source for the error page - the Python traceback contained
in there will be more helpful. However, the last time I had an IOError
while re-indexing a ZCatalog was when Python was ran out of space in the
/tmp dir (4600 objects, 100 MB /tmp partition). What I did was edit
Python's tempfile.py file (contained at /usr/lib/python1.5/tempfile.py
on Debian systems) from:

attempdirs = ['/usr/tmp', '/tmp', pwd]

attempdirs = ['/var/tmp', '/usr/tmp', '/tmp', pwd]

--
  Kevin Teague, Zopista
  http://www.stormix.com