[Zope] Newbie question, help with navigation method

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 22:04:51 +0100 (CET)

Richard Blumberg writes:
 > .... Navigation works when called directly,
 > does not work when included in "index_html" ....
 > Navigation:
 > <dtml-in objectValues>

 > Is this a bug in Zope, or am I doing something wrong?
Not directly.

Almost surely, your "index_html" is a DTML document.
A DTML document defines the method "objectValues" and it
returns the empty list.
One *might* think of this as a bug or a feature.
(I tend to think of it as a bug).

In a DTML document (unlike a DTML method), the object
is pushed on top of the namespace stack.
Therefore, the "objectValues" in your navigation object
is the "objectValues" of the "index_html" and it returns
"[]".

If you would make your "index_html" a DTML method,
then "objectValues" would be the method of the
object for which the method is called for. This
means your folder. And it would work.

Dieter