[Zope] Cut/copy/paste problems

Bak@kedai bak@nstp.com.my
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 10:37:33 +0800

On Wednesday 06 December 2000 19:08, Oleg Broytmann wrote:
> Hello!
>
>    For a long while I have problems with cut/copy/paste in Zope management
> interface.
>    I run Zope behind Apache with mod_pcgi2.
>
>    I did some quick experiments. I connected directly to Zope (port 8080).
> Cut/copy/paste worked flawlessly. Hence the problem is not in the browser
> nor in the proxy nor in Zope. Perhaps the problem is in mod_pcgi2 or in
> the Apache or in my specific version of Russian Apache.
>
>    I switched to Zope.cgi. Copy/paste worked, but cut stopped working.
> Oops! First sign of problem. May be this is a problem with PCGI?
>    With mod_pcgi2 copy/paste almost always do not work.
>
>    To help me to resolve the problem I want to ask the helpful community
> provide me some information. Of those who run Zope behind Apache please
> tell me:
>
> 1) which way do you connect? (mod_proxy, Zope.cgi, mod_pcgi2, mod_fcgi)

i've tried proxypass, fcgi, and modpci2.  and i stuck with mod_pcgi2, since
this is the option with the least amount of problems/failure.

>2) any problem?
w fcgi, i have connection failed errors.  with proxy pass, zope
intermittently hangs, causing apache to reach the max client parameter set.

i connect to zserver for all my management/development, so i may not see
cut/copy/paste problem.  but i did give it a try with mod_pcgi2 and
apache1.3.9, and i can cut/copy/paste.

hth