[Zope] Authentication Problem : External method returning object : Zope 2.2.4 Zope 2.2.4

Sean McGrath sean.@propylon.com
Thu, 07 Dec 2000 18:05:12 +0000

All,

I'm just a country boy raised on mashed potatoes and Zope 2.1.6.
The new security model up here in the bright lights/big city world
of Zope 2.2.4 has me all confused:-)

I have an external method that returns an object. I have a dtml method
that tries to reference an attribute of that object. The attempted
attribute reference causes the HTTP authenticate dialog to appear.
No username/password seems to appease it.

Here is the relevant part of the DTML:

<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('foo',testexternal(REQUEST,RESPONSE))">
<dtml-var "foo.X">

Here is the external method "testexternal":

class AClass:
	def __init__(self):
		self.X = 1
		self.Y = 2

def testexternal (self,REQUEST,RESPONSE):
	A = AClass()
	return A

Thanks in advance,
Sean McGrath