[Zope] Another Zope E-Commerce Site Online

Cees de Groot cg@cdegroot.com
8 Dec 2000 08:14:18 +0100

Brad Clements <bkc@murkworks.com> said:
>I haven't looked at Etailer. I did download zCommerce for a look, but
>was concerned about using ZPatterns. I've used LoginManager and it
>works well, but the terminology used in ZPatterns always gives me a
>headache. Clearly a shortcoming on my part - if I could understand what
>it does I'd probably use it.

Nope, it's a shortcoming on the authors' part. At least that's my current
opinion, because everytime I've come across a technology I had trouble
understanding, it turned out to be a worthless technology or a good one
where the authors had trouble explaining their stuff. For the time
being, I've placed zPatterns in the latter category ;), and I
dearly wish they'd taken more conventional terms.

>The nice thing about the checkout sequence is that you can move
>backwards at any time without losing the entered data. Also you can
>jump out to shop more, jump to the privacy, shipping and returns policy
>and your entered data isn't lost.

As my ebusiness site has trouble with exactly that point, would you care to
elaborate on how you accomplished that? It'd be nice to peek at someone
else's solution before running off and reinventing wheels :-)

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>