[Zope] ZPatterns

Cees de Groot cg@cdegroot.com
Fri, 08 Dec 2000 20:40:58 +0100

maxm@normik.dk said:
> >Hmm, maybe it's the time for a translate-zPatterns-to-english effort?
> I'll give it a try:

Thanks for the effort, but I'm an application server architect myself so I do
understand the things that zPatterns tries to solve.

It's not about understanding, my issue with zPatterns is that for every thing
in the whole product, a new name has been made up. It sounds extremely
interesting of course, and one could probably get a lot of VC capital out of
it ;), but for daily work it's just too cumbersome.

So what I'd like is that a "Rack" is called a "StorageContainer" (or
whatever), a "Skin" might better be called an "Aspect", etcetera. As far as I
can see, there's nothing really new in terms of "computer science new" in
zPatterns, so it should be possible to find plain terms for all the various
components. Until then, I think I'll stay away from it - rather have a more
basic application that I can understand than something I need a dictionary for
to translate. I rather build quality software than be hip, but then I'm
quickly getting to be an old hat in this business...

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>