[Zope] LoginManager broken?

Michael Bernstein webmaven@lvcm.com
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 20:30:59 -0800

"Mayers, Philip J" wrote:

> Thanks, I'll take a look.
>
> Re: LoginManager - After a fast turnaround (confirming my ample faith in
> Open Source software) Magnus Heino pointed me in the right direction - the
> dtml methods and SQL objects need to be inside the UserSource folder, *not*
> the LoginManager folder as the Howto implies (or maybe I just can't
> read...). Can someone confirm that the SQL methods need to be inside the
> UserSource folder? (which is mildly annoying, but there we go...)
>
> I'm still having some problems getting multiple roles working, but it's
> behaving itself for now. Now all I have to do is solve my LIMIT problem...

If you're having dificulties getting LoginManager to work
with the local roles management interface, maybe this
solution (which I only tested using LoginManger+Membership)
will help:

http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2000-September/006953.html

I ahve no idea how this would work with SQL users, but
hopefully it'll give you a clue.

HTH,

Michael Bernstein.