[Zope] namespace-problem

Alexander DePauli a.depauli@depauli.com
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 11:08:21 +0100

Hi everybody,

what I want to do is fairly simple, but I've got a namespace problem:

- via a form I want to add a new folder, add some properties to the new
folder, then add a DTML document within the new folder.
- whatever I try, the properties as well as the new document are added
to the parent folder of the new folder instead of to the new folder.

Here some experiments (don't look at the syntax):

        <dtml- call "manage_addFolder (NewFolderName)">

        <dtml-with "_.getitem(NewFolderName)">
               <dtml- call "manage_addProperty (ID,...)">
               <dtml- call "manage_addDocument (ID,...)">
        </dtml-with>

This looks fine to me, but ZOPE insists on creating the new document in
               /OldFolder
instead of
               /OldFolder/NewFolder

Some more stuff for wondering:

If I do a
               <dtml-with "_.getitem('NewFolder')">
               <dtml-var "_.getitem('NewFolder',0)">

to get an actual value for testing purposes, ZOPE returns the *correct*
value of 'NewFolder'

But if I do an additional
               <dtml-in objectItems>
                id: <dtml-var sequence-key>,
                type: <dtml-var meta_type>
               </dtml-in>
to list the objects of the actual namespace (placed *after* the above
<dtml-with..>, the output consists of the objects of the
/OldFolder-namespace, but not that of the
/OldFolder/NewFolder.

...I'm sure this is a rookie-problem and can be solved by turning a
switch or two (perhaps in my brain), but I'm stuck.

Do you/anybody has any clue?

Thanks in advance - Alexander
http://www.herrenausstatter.de - Der Online-Herrenausstatter
Kostenlose Serviceline: 0800 -999 66 33
Versandkostenfreie Lieferung - 30 Tage Rückgaberecht
Verwaltungsadresse:
DePauli.com Aktiengesellschaft
Stahlgruberring 3 - 81829 München
Telefon: 089 / 530 75 170 - Telefax 089 / 514 50 666