[Zope] ODBC Connection

Emmon Simbo esimbo@openlinksw.co.uk
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 12:17:45 -0000

Thanks Philipp.

That solved the problem.

Is there actually a How-To on what to do as when I go to add a new
Datasource, I get the error

Error Type: NameError
Error Value: SQLDataSources

Thanks again for you answer

Emmon

-----Original Message-----
From: Philipp Auersperg [mailto:zope@philosoft.at]
Sent: 12 December 2000 11:51
To: esimbo@openlinksw.co.uk; zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] ODBC Connection

the ZmxODBC DA uses the Zope-independent product mxODBC, that provides a
generic
Python DB API compliant ODBC interface to Python.

ZmxODBC installs mxODBC into lib/python/Shared/mx. The problem is that this
path is not in the default PythonPath.

Solution:
move the mx directory from lib/python/Shared into a directory that's member
of PythonPath (for example lib/python).

phil