[Zope] HTML formatting from a text field

Lee Hunter lee.hunter@hum.com
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 11:09:19 -0500

Hi Ausum,

Do you mean a text field that shows a row of formatting buttons at the top
for 'bold', 'italic' 'add link' etc.

There is an ActiveX control that is built in to IE Explorer 5.x - you just
have to call it from your page.

Here's the information from Microsoft:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/edit/ref/cncpt.asp

If you get it working with Zope (which shouldn't be a problem) let us know.

The Manila/Frontier CMS uses it as a default and it works well. It's very
handy when you have users who have basic word processor knowledge (i.e. they
know enough to select text first then click a formatting button) but can't
be trusted with hand coding html.

Cheers

Lee Hunter

  - - - H U M  C O M M U N I C A T I O N S  L T D - - -
website design, content management and technical editing
   Ste. 147 99 Fifth Ave Ottawa ON Canada K1S 5P5
                  1-819-459-2511