[Zope] Problem on running the ZOPE by using ZmySQLDA

Eric Walstad Eric@Walstads.net
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 08:50:24 -0800

Hi Angie.

First off, I think there are some users in the list that are unable to read
HTML formatted email.  I've seen a lot of requests for folks to send only
plain text messages to the list.

Well, I don't run Zope on a Windows machine, so maybe I'm wrong here, but
the output you've shown below looks normal to me.  It doesn't look like an
error.  Is there any error message that's displayed in your browser?  If so,
can you recreate it and send it to the list?

Also, can you include the SQL statement that is causing the problem?  Have
you tried making a ZSQL Method that issues a really simple query, like:
SELECT * FROM InsertYourTableNameHere

You can also try this simple test from your "Z MySQL Database Connection"
object.  Just browse to that object in the Zope management interface, click
the "Test" tab and then enter the SQL statement.  Then click the "Submit
Query" button to test it.  It should return all the records in the table you
specified.  If it doesn't, I would hope it simply returns a traceback and
not crash Zope.

Hope that helps.

Eric.