[Zope] site structure (fwd)

Max M maxmcorp@worldonline.dk
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 18:25:19 +0100

From: Oleg Broytmann

>> But that way if i want to change the structure, i have to change on every
>> page.

>   No, you only need to change 2 places: standard_html_header and
>standard_html_footer :) All Documents that use these header/footer will be
>rendered using new structure.

I think you misunderstand him. He is actually right.

Some things are pretty hard to do in zope, because of the header/footer
principle.

Making a global look to a site can be pretty difficult if it doesn't fit
nicely into a header/footer structure, with a main area being the pages'
unique content.

If I where to do it in regular Python I would use special classes for
special layouts. That is hard to do in Zope.

Regards maxm

Max M. W. Rasmussen,    Denmark.   New Media Director
private: maxmcorp@worldonline.dk work: maxm@normik.dk
Specialization is for insects.  -  Robert A. Heinlein