[Zope] oops - crash bang sent unfinished zcatalog and reindex

Jonathan Cheyne jonathan@home-all.org.uk
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 14:27:39 +0000

Sorry about that - the message re zcatalog and reindexing just sent
itself - unfinished! then crashed and failed to save in sent. v strange,
but to complete ...

If I edit an instannce of my zclass and change a keyword from say europe
to Europe then the search works correctly but the following code snippet
reveals that both europe AND Europe are now stored despite the fact that
europe will not return any matches.

If I update the catalog then europe disappears. My zclass calls
<dtml-call reindex_object> after updating the properties. I know this
works because the search does return correctly as I said.

Clues?

<dtml-in "Catalog.uniqueValuesFor('keywords')" sort=sequence-item>
sequence-item></a><br>
</dtml-in>

Jonathan