[Zope] sql query results -> DTML method problem

Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) Gerente de desarrollo Alpha amadorm@usm.edu.ec
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 15:12:06 -0500 (ECT)

Quoting Lee Reilly CS1997 <lreilly@cs.strath.ac.uk>:

> Hi,
>
> I have a TINY problem, which I think there is a simple solution too...
> but for the life of me, I can\'t find it! I\'d be grateful if someone
> could point me in the right direction.
>
> I have a database setup containing details of classes, students &
> lecturers. The user is prompted to enter a class code (a unique key)
> which is used to query the database and return the class title. Simple.
>
> A DTML method prompts me for the class code
> -- I enter 52.139 and it posts to a method \'enterClassCodeAction\',
> below.
>
> #1 	<dtml-var standard_html_header>
> #2 	<h2>Confirm</h2>
> #3 	<p>You entered <i><dtml-var class_code></i></p>
> #5 	<p>
> #6 	Our records show that <dtml-var class_code> is called
> #8 	<dtml-in expr=\"findClassTitle(code=52.139)\">

RING: dont do that, dtml wont work in python namespace
instead, remember that in python namespace all vars present in dtml namespace
are inherited.

do this:
 	<dtml-in expr=\"findClassTitle(code=_.(\'class_code\'))\">
the __.() construct is required since underscore arent allowed in python
variable names. if the var was called classcode, you could do
 	<dtml-in expr=\"findClassTitle(code=classcode)\">
dats it.