[Zope] ZCatalog raises index out of range exception error

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 10:39:09 +0100 (CET)

Stefan H. Holek writes:
 > Do you have a SiteRoot-ed environment? I believe I saw this error when
 > trying to use the Catalog in a SiteRoot-ed folder...
 >
 > No solution, sorry ;)
We use the Catalog together with a SiteRoot without problems.

  I remove the host part of the URL before I index
  the object.

Dieter

PS: Sorry!
    After writing, I recognized that we make
    only restricted use of SiteRoots:

       we just change the host part but not the
       path part.

       As a result, the URL's only differ in
       the host part. The locally (wrt. the host)
       absolute URL's of an object are equal
       for all virtual domains.
       Therefore, removing the host part
       works out restricted use.

    The general case, where the path part is
    different for each virtual host,
    is more difficult.

       I would probably go for a separate catalog
       for each virtual host and ensure
       that the URL's with which the objects
       are indexed are the URL's for this
       virtual host.

       This may require, that indexing is
       done in this same virtual host environment.