[Zope] Fw: Zope.org feedback

Bill Anderson bill@noreboots.com
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 13:13:32 -0700

Loren Stafford wrote:

> Just for your entertainment....

What is even funnier is he's wrong.
He has applied for a word mark as of sept 15, 1999, which has NOT been
granted so far.

===========
Here are the latest results from the TARR web server.

Serial Number: 75780367

Registration Number: (NOT AVAILABLE)

Mark (words only): BREADCRUMBS

Current Status: A non-final action has been mailed. This is a letter
from the examining attorney requesting additional information and/or
making an initial refusal. However, no final
determination as to the registrability of the mark has been made.

Date of Status: 2000-04-04

Filing Date: 1999-09-15

Registration Date: (DATE NOT AVAILABLE)

Law Office Assigned: TMEG Law Office 102
============

Which the local IP guy says means he has nothing.

In addition, if you look at his filing date, we beat him to it. As in
prior art.:
http://zope.nipltd.com/public/lists/zope-archive.nsf/Main?SearchView=++&Query=breadcrumbs&SearchOrder=1&Start=1&Count=20

(above link will stretch over two lines)

The archives show that Loren was using this term for this usage by
nearly a month. if nothing else, the timing of the application
coinciding with the introduction of the term by Loren is at best
suspicious. In fact, it occurs on the very day that Loren made the
announcement of the howto.

Bill Anderson

"What a maroon." -- Bugs Bunny