[Zope] [BUG] Background processes interfere with Zope's HTTP responses

jimbo jimbo@tacomaplace.com
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 13:10:04 -0800

>      He reported, that this response page is build only
>      half, then stops, to be completed only half a minute later,

Depending on how long the page is I never  see the bottom. When I use the products page I have to refresh 2-3 times to see the bottom part.
  This is thru a proxy only.

>      I try to reproduce the behaviour in our test environment
>      and fail. I do not have to wait, until the newsletter
>      generation finished. Then, I use the official service
>      URL and see, I observe the same behaviour.
>      The difference: in the test environment, the browser
>      connects directly to ZServer; with the official
>      URL, it connects via a proxy.
>
>      Puzzling!

I'm having this same sort of problem w/Zope 2.3a1.
I just started trying to use Zope through a proxy.

  If I work directly on the machine I have no problems.

>How to fix the problem:
>
>      There should be a (file) control "CloseOnExec", that tells
>      Unix to automatically close the file like object upon
>      an exec.
>      ZServer should probably use it on each of its sockets.
>      I can not see a serious application that should have
>      direct access to ZServer's HTTP request socket.
>I will soon file a bug report into the Collector.
>Dieter
I'm on the win32 platform and thought that the problem was with my
proxy software.  Now I'm not so sure.
-Jimbo