[Zope] Name Errors: DTML Document -> External Python Document -> DTML Do cument -> ZSQL cument -> ZSQL

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 22:17:51 +0100 (CET)

"Burwell, Becky <burwell@parc.xerox.com>" <burwell@parc.xerox.com> writes:
 > I have an SQL database that I want to populate using an external
 > Python method (because I have file I/O code).
 >
 > So I have something like this:
 >
 > DTML Document named import_file which has:
 >     <dtml-call "parsefile()">
 >
 > ----
 > parsefile is my external Python method.
 >
 > def parsefile (self):
 >     # blah, blah
 >     self.record_info (arg1=value1,arg2=value2)
You break the namespace chain here.

If "record_info" is indead a DTML document (and not a method!),
then you should nevertheless be able to access "LookupPrinter"
by acquisition.
I do not know, why it does not work.

You can avoid to break the namespace chain:
  <dtml-call "parsefile(_)">

  def parsefile(self,namespace):
    self.record_info(None,namespace,arg1=value1,....)

Dieter