[Zope] Can't import objects ... is transparent folder still the reason ?

Didier Georgieff Didier Georgieff <dgieff@divinerites.com>
Sun, 24 Dec 2000 13:47:32 +0100

I have a problem importing objects (Yihaw Folder derived from Object Manager) on
2.2.4 and Transparent Folder (see traceback at the end).

Some months ago i had some similar problem with the first/removed Transparent
Folder version.
Is this same problem still there on Transparent Folder 0.3, or do i have to search the
problem elsewhere for a workaround ?

Any idea about a temporary workaround for importing such objects ? Because it will be
quite difficult to transfer things from developpement server to production server.
This is what Shane respond to this earlier problem. I was not able to see if TP0.3 is
now ObjectManager safe or not.

> The TransparentFolders product patches ObjectManager so that objects
> in transparent folders are searched.  Unfortunately, the patch causes
> the pickling mechanism to fail when ZODB pickles a class definition
> derived from ObjectManager.
> The
> reason it fails is because the pickler doesn't recognize the new
> __getattr__ method as a Python Method and tries to pickle it, which is
> not possible.  There is actually a way to solve that bug by patching
> more Zope source, but I don't think that's the right solution.

> The better solution will involve the same method SiteAccess uses to
> change traversal behavior. Once SiteAccess has
> settled, it should be easy to create a much improved
> TransparentFolders.  But for now, I have removed TransparentFolders
> from the available products.

This is the new traceback :

{HYPERLINK "http://www.zope.org/Credits"}{PRIVATE "TYPE=PICT;ALT=Powered by Zope"}{HYPERLINK "http://www.zope.org/Credits"}Traceback (innermost last):
  File C:\Zope\Portal224\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 222, in publish_module
  File C:\Zope\Portal224\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 187, in publish
  File C:\Zope\Portal224\lib\python\Zope\__init__.py, line 221, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: ApplicationDefaultPermissions)
  File C:\Zope\Portal224\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 171, in publish
  File C:\Zope\Portal224\lib\python\ZPublisher\mapply.py, line 160, in mapply
    (Object: manage_importObject)
  File C:\Zope\Portal224\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 112, in call_object
    (Object: manage_importObject)
  File C:\Zope\Portal224\lib\python\OFS\ObjectManager.py, line
537, in manage_importObject
    (Object: ApplicationDefaultPermissions)
  File C:\Zope\Portal224\lib\python\OFS\CopySupport.py, line
406, in _verifyObjectPaste
    (Object: ApplicationDefaultPermissions)
Copy Error: (see above)

Regards.