[Zope] Need some help wrt URLs and methods...

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Tue, 01 Feb 2000 22:18:26 +0000

Hi all,
I have a (very heavily used) system that allows downloads of many different
file types from a filesystem (ie located outside the Zope system) to people.

The URLs are somwthing like
http://blah/blee/get_file?filenumber=213

get_file is an external python method that does all the good stuff of
database lookup and logging off downloads.

The system gets the file from the unix filesystem and does some machinations
with headers such as contennt-type and content-disposition to *try* and get
the browsers to behave themselves.

What I'd like to do is have something like
http://blah/blee/get_file/results.rtf

which helps to make the browser download the file correctly.

The problem is that the Zope system says that the URL doesn't exist.

Is there any way around this (I know that ZSQL methods manage it with
traversal, but I can't figure out how to do it with this setup I have).

Any thoughts gratefully received! :)
Tone