[Zope] IE 5.0 and Session Management.

Timothy Grant tjg@avalongroup.net
Tue, 01 Feb 2000 15:38:52 -0800

Hi all,

I just got bit by a really interesting something, I have a resolution,
but I'd like to get a resolution to the problem.

I do all my development work on Linux using Netscape Navigator. My
client has Netscape running in their home office. Everything works great
on my machine and on my clients machines in their home office.
However...

...They have another office that is currently running IE5.0 everywhere.
My programme crashes beautifully when run under IE5.0. I think the
problem has something to do with cookies and Session management, but am
at a loss as to just what is wrong.

Here's the details: I use SQLSession for session management. It works
great for all my users on Netscape, if I display the entire request
using <dtml-var REQUEST> I see the SESSION key and all of its contents.
If I'm on IE5.0, and go to the same URL, the SESSION key appears to be
completely empty.

I have turned off *all* security settings on IE5.0 just in case it was a
security issue, but to no avail.

Any ideas would be phenomenally appreciated.

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.

Chief Technology Officer              tjg@exceptionalminds.com
Red Hat Certified Engineer            www.exceptionalminds.com
Avalon Technology Group, Inc.                   (503) 246-3630