[Zope] Problem Installing Zope 2.1.3

Matthew Stevenson Matthew.Stevenson@student.shu.ac.uk
Wed, 02 Feb 2000 12:32:10 +0000

Hi I am trying to install Zope 2.1.3 on a linux machine running Suse 6.0. I
manage to run the install script ok but when I try to start ZServer I get an
error on the last task it is supposed to do (which is start the ZServer Monitor
Server).

The script halts with the error message of roughly:

IOError Errno13 Permission denied on /zopedirectory/var/Z2.pid

As far as I can find there is no Z2.pid file in the var directory and I have
also used chmod on the directory to try and correct any permssion problems.

If anybody can help me I would be very greatful as I hope to use Zope in my
University Final year Project.

Thanks again,

Mat.