[Zope] Problem Installing Zope 2.1.3

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 15:06:05 +0000

At 12:32 pm +0000 2/2/00, Matthew Stevenson wrote:

>IOError Errno13 Permission denied on /zopedirectory/var/Z2.pid
>
>As far as I can find there is no Z2.pid file in the var directory and I have
>also used chmod on the directory to try and correct any permssion problems.
>Mat.

User nobody needs write permission to the var directory (as you
started the process as root). This from Michel

If you run Zope as root, it will turn itself into 'nobody'.  This is a
security feature many programs do.  Run Zope as a user other than root
and make sure that user has permission to write in the var directory.

I run my Zopes as a non-privileged user and it all works fine...

Tone.
------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
http://nle.ncl.ac.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2