[Zope] Zserver: IP address based authorization?

Robb Shecter shecter@darmstadt.gmd.de
Thu, 03 Feb 2000 18:02:38 +0100

Jules wrote:

> You could build a new standard header/footer pair and include some
> dtml-if decisions on IP addresses. Everything that is a peer or child
> of that folder object would then be allowed/denied based on IP.
>
> Would that work?

Hi,

Yes - that would definitely work, and I can do that if I can't find
anything else:  I think it'd be best to have the authorization be
seperated from the content, like the standard authorization is.

(BTW, anyone know how questions like this can be put into an FAQ?  I'd
assume that lots of people might have this one, since this is a feature
that Apache has, and needs to be replaced if you go with ZServer all the
way.)

Thanks,
Robb