[Zope] Zserver: IP address based authorization?

Robb Shecter shecter@darmstadt.gmd.de
Thu, 03 Feb 2000 18:05:44 +0100

Tony McDonald wrote:

> At 1:15 pm +0100 3/2/00, Robb Shecter wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I'm new to Zope and haven't figured out how to allow only a specifed
> >set of IP addresses or hostnames access to a folder.
> >
> >I assume that the "domains" attribute of anonymous user permissions
> >could maybe be used here somehow?  I haven't seen any documentation
> >this attribute.
>
> Essentially yes. Set the password to blank and put the IP addresses
> you want to provide access to  in the domains box. Change the role to
> be 'Owner' or something and turn off 'Acquire Permissions' and 'View'
> for the index_html DTML in the target folder. Make the index_html
> DTML have 'View' permission for the role you've set up. That should
> do it.

Hi,

Thanks.  What format should the IP addresses be specified in?  (ie: a
comma seperated list, or...)  Are wild cards allowed?  Is this
documented somewhere?

If this (address-based authorization) isn't documented somewhere yet, I
can make a "tip" on zope.org, once I get it working...

- Robb