[Zope] firewall zope access headaches

Jason Cunliffe jasonic@nomadicsltd.com
Thu, 03 Feb 2000 18:57:19 +0100

Hello

A new colleague reports he cannot fully access an r+d zope site going up at
at:
<http://209.67.167.70/dolphins>http://209.67.167.70/dolphins

He can from his home, but from his office behind their firewall images will
not
load and other wierdness..

<quote>
..the message I get is that the content encoding
"application/x-httpd-cgi" is unknown. I understand that's a content
handler (or the result of one??) but I think it would be awkward to ask
to have the firewall let everything from a handler just pass, since that
could be just about anything, right? The problem with non-loading images
is new to us here, never any problems with other sites (unless they
contain ActiveX or Javascript content). Btw, also images from the
<http://www.zope.org/>www.zope.org site are rejected... :-( However, images
from

<http://zdp.zope.org/FAQ>http://zdp.zope.org/FAQ/ _do_ load!
</quote>

He will report in more detail tomorrow I hope on their system and config.

Meanwhile, anyone had of this kind of hassle before..??
clues?? ->thanks in advance any wisdom

- Jason Cunliffe
Jason CUNLIFFE = Nomadics.Studio(DesignDirector)
Smart_Map_Systems[design.technology.application]
<jasonic@nomadicsltd.com>  tel:+33 4 94.76.98.72