[Zope] SiteAccess & SSL question

Evan Simpson evan@digicool.com
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 16:56:30 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: John Edstrom <edstrom@poopsie.hmsc.orst.edu>
> As I understand it, there can only be one SiteRoot in any single
> object and the Base, if specified, must begin with "http://".  How can
> I have an http and an https path to the same object and still have the
> convenience of SiteAccess?

SiteRoots should rarely need to have 'Base' set explicitly; you would
normally leave it blank and simply accept the base of the current request
URI.  If you really need to set it, and set it dynamically, you need to
leave the property blank and arrange to have a REQUEST or environment
variable named 'SiteRootBASE'set to the appropriate value before the
SiteRooted folder is traversed.  If your Zope is behind Roxen or Apache, you
should be able to set an environment variable, else you may want to set it
in REQUEST using an Access Rule in your root folder.

Cheers,

Evan @ digicool