[Zope] What's wrong with this code?

Helge Tesdal tesdal@stud.ntnu.no
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 00:29:20 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, Evan Simpson wrote:

> >   <dtml-in PARENTS skip_unauthorized>
> >     <dtml-if "meta_type == 'Artist'">
> >       <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('artist_alias', id)">
> >     </dtml-if>
> >   </dtml-in>
>
> This code sets REQUEST.artist_alias to the id of the highest (closest to
> root) accessible Artist in the current access path.  Is this what you wanted
> it to do?

Yes it is.

At least it was until you mentioned it. :)

It would probably be a good thing to use the lowest, as this is the way
acquisition works? How do I set alias to the lowest id?

What I'm really wondering about is why this iteration makes Zope go into
loops and occasionaly die. Are there other ways to do a DoS attack against
Zope that I should know about when programming?

--
Helge Tesdal