[Zope] Hooking Zope into Apache - please read

rgines@purina.com rgines@purina.com
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 09:06:00 -0600

>I've used both the reverse proxy and the fastcgi mechanisms (on
>www.ekno.com and www.ekit.com, respectively) and there's no comparision -
>fastcgi is _far_ superior. It's much faster, it's less load on the apache
>machine, and you don't end up with the apache server eating things like
>the remote machine name.

>I wouldn't recommend the reverse proxy approach to anyone.

Hmmm.   Are you doing this on *nix or NT?   I have been using the the proxy
support on our Apache/Zope/Lotus Notes server.   It accomplishes what
we need.   I tried several of the various *cgi implementations and could
never
get any of them to work to a satisfactory level on NT.   From reading
between
the lines on most of the docs and mail list contributions, these CGI
implementations
and better under *nix than they are under NT.

All that being said, this is implemented on a corporate Intranet where the
daily hits
are only measured in hundreds and not thousands, so your mileage may vary.