[Zope] Re: newbie questions about security

danny shevitz danny_shevitz@yahoo.com
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 11:10:44 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for the response. You were correct about the permission of /Root
versus /Home. After making /Root hidden to Anonymouse I couldn't access
/Home because standard_html_header and footer were being acquired. This
again shows that permissions are determined by the permission of the
parent in acquisition, not the child.

I still have a question about setting up an /Home/img folder for
images.
I want to access the images from /Home but to not have them be directly
viewable via a URL, e.g. /Home/img/image1. Is this possible?

So far any combination of permissions that I have been able to come up
with between /Home/img, /Home/img/image1, and /Home/img/index_html has
the side effect that if /Home can access the image, so can the
Anonymous URL /Home/img/image1. I can independently set the permission
of /Home/img, just not the subimages.

thanks,
Danny