[Zope] some newbie quesions...

Juri Jensen juri@jones.dk
Sat, 05 Feb 2000 12:46:56 GMT

Hi,

I'm pretty new in this zope world (just played with zope for a week), and I'm
also new in the world of programming (I started working with Python a month ago),
but I hope that someone could shed some light on how I should solve this
problem:

I've been working on this pilotproject consisting of a website with
documentation only avaiable for authorized people (with a username and a password). The
documentation content is variable and should be easy to alter just by placing a new
(or revised) document in the right scetion, and voila! the new documentation is
avaiable.

I started out making som scripts in Python doing the building of a new
index.html based on the contents of a section. But if the were any changes in the look
of the site, I would have to change the scripts :-(

So I stumbled over Zope. Thank God for that (and all you people who created it
of course!!). This seems to be the ideal solution. But as the documention to
zope is not that matured, it's quite hard for me to find out how to build this.
Therefore I'm asking you for some help. Normally I would work with it untill I get
a hang af it, but I have a deadline for a working demo hanging over my head, and
I really believe that Zope is the right solution.

What I need is:

    1. A way to let the users subscribe to get a login and a password. They
fill in their e-mail address and a name, and get a mail with a password random
generated. Their request should be checked by someone in charge before they'll get
authorized.

    2.  Alongside with this I've got a webforum based on the Perl-based Sporum.
Does any product exist with the same features as Sporum? I would like to keep
it all Zope-based (more control, easier etc.).

I hope someone can point me in the right direction (with som codesnippets or
links to HOWTOs etc.).

Thanks!

--
mvh./Best regards