[Zope] Access Violation for an NT Service

Mon, 07 Feb 2000 08:08:47 +0000

On Sat, 5 Feb 2000 17:11:10 -0600, Stephen Pitts
<smpitts@midsouth.rr.com> wrote:

>Hi! I have deployed Zope 2.1.3 (with a home-compiled version of PIL)
>on Windows NT 4.0 Advanced Server. It runs fine from start.bat, but when
>I try to start the service, I get an access violation from
>PythonService.exe. For some odd reason, Dr. Watson reports that the
>access violation comes from "pythonservice.e.exe". Perhaps that could be
>related to the problem?
>
>Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Yes

There is a bug in the win32api module that it does not correctly
validate all the parameters to one of it's functions (CreateProcess,
iirc) before calling the Win32 api, which then produces an access
violation.

Your real problem is that your registry is missing the command line
needed by Zope's service wrapper. I don't have a note of what it
should be to hand, but you can find it with a little digging in
ZService.py

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com