[Zope] using DTML outside of Zope

Doug Hellmann hellmann@GNNcast.net
Mon, 07 Feb 2000 15:09:03 +0000

I'm exploring the possibility of separating the DTML template-parsing
engine
from Zope and calling it from a C/C++ application running on a Windows
machine.  I wouldn't be using any other Zope modules (ZODB, ZPublisher,
ZServer, etc.).
My data would be coming from a database other than the ZODB.
It looks like the DTML engine itself is fairly well separated from
the rest of the Zope code, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how
do things like supplying sequences to the <dtml-in> command.  All of my
database access methods are written in C++ classes; so at some point,
the sequence name in the <dtml-in> command should cause one of these
methods to be invoked.

Has anyone ever done anything like this before?  Can you give me some
pointers of how this could be done?

Doug Hellmann                  Healtheon / WebMD
Software Engineer              http://www.webmd.com