[Zope] Is e-commerce feasible with Zope?

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 18:27:04 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pavlos Christoforou" <pavlos@gaaros.com>
To: "Kevin Dangoor" <kid@kendermedia.com>
Cc: "Pavlos Christoforou" <pavlos@gaaros.com>; <zope@zope.org>; "Diego
Dainese" <xdsi@xddainese.unive.it>
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2000 5:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] Is e-commerce feasible with Zope?

> On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, Kevin Dangoor wrote:
> > If it did become a problem for me, all I'd need to do is come up with a
> > reasonable partitioning scheme. Come to think of it, even with lots and
lots
> > of users it would probably still be possible (and nice) to keep the
carts in
> > the ZODB.
>
> Yes I agree. BTW is this cart object available?

Nope... The shopping cart is really quite trivial. The more complicated
stuff is the product catalog on one side of the shopping cart and the order
form on the other side. Unfortunately, due to a tight timeline in bringing
the stuff up in the first place, the two big parts are pretty heavily tied
to Byproducts.com. Future versions will be less-and-less Byproducts centric.
If ZCommerce doesn't get anywhere before I've completely decoupled the code
and the site, I'll release something then...

Kevin