[Zope] alternatives to Zserver

Rik Hoekstra rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl
Tue, 08 Feb 2000 11:04:28 +0100

Graham Chiu wrote:

> Just wondering what people recommend as an alternative to Zserver on
> Win32.
>
> I had python die in the weekend, and today Zope/Zserver completely
> locked up, and my ODBC connection disconnects for no apparent reason. So
> I need something more reliable and I'm getting desperate.
>
> What's the best to use with Zope out of IIS, Apache, and Roxen in terms
> of reliability/ease of use - I have no experience with the latter 2 but
> have seen them all mentioned here.

Um, I'm afraid that in all cases they will run through ZServer as a
backend anyway (connected through some sort of cgi protocol). In my
experience running ZServer om win32 is quite reliable (only experienced
2 crashes in about a year) (both times a corrupted logfile (?) seemed to
be the culprit, or at least removing it solved all problems.

Rik