[Zope] Zope and Polymorphism

Ingo Assenmacher Ingo Assenmacher <ass@Pool.Informatik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 13:46:32 +0100 (MET)

Hi (again) Steve,

>    How about something like.... :
>
> <dtml-in objectValues>
> <dtml-if "_.hasattr(_['sequence-item'],'isAnObjectManager')">
>
> blah blah blah...
>
> </dtml-if>
> </dtml-in>

Thanks, I will look after that one! (Although it is not *really* what I was
looking ofr actually).
I think it would be kind of helpful to declare enumerations and output for the
base-class only (with something like <dtml-call "this().render"> and an
overloaded render-method for the current object).
Ok, you can of course do some tricks to get this (something like declaring
folder-properties ['Folder','upload folder'] and than look local to the folder
object in which you do enumerate, BUT that is simply not very nice since in
forces the admin to set those properies every time you simply whish to enumerate
some objects and it is, of course, a source for stupid bugs.

Thanks for your help!! :))
Regards, Ingo.