[Zope] Is e-commerce feasible with Zope?

Jochen Haeberle listen@MIDRAS.de
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 14:02:09 +0100

At 11:00 Uhr +0100 08.02.2000, Diego Dainese wrote:
>On Mon, 7 Feb 2000 12:46:33 -0500 "Kevin Dangoor"
>  > There are two Zope products, FSSession and SQLSession which should handle
>  > these things quite easily for you.
>  >

>OK, I'm sure one of these will solve the problem.

I guess SQLProperties
<http://www.zope.org/Members/anthony/software/SQLProperties> use an
interesting OO-based approach to this... anyone did a MySQL schema
for them :-/

>  > Again, you can use SQL if you want. There's a whole bunch of work going on
>  > right now to create new User objects in Zope. These will make it
>possible to
>  > attach all sorts of things to users and will be a really nice
>  > abstraction.
>
>I'm very interested in these new user objects: where can I find more
>info on this subject?

This will be in the PTK <http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK> at the
moment, there are some problems with PTK, so you might want to wait a
little bit longer...

>  > Personally, I prefer to work with the ZODB wherever possible. I just
>  > generally prefer objects to the relational model.
>  >

>I prefer it too when possible.

See above (SQLProperties) for something inbetween.

Jochen