[Zope] External Method

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 12:51:12 -0500

Hi, Pedro

    Since you're new to python as well as Zope, you'll probably want to read
over some of the documentation at http://www.python.org

Basically, you can do just about anything in an External Method that you can
do in python. This includes opening files from the local FS. The python docs
provide info about opening files, reading from files and the different
methods that are available for file objects.

Kevin

----- Original Message -----
From: Pedro Silva
To: Zope - Questions
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2000 12:37 PM
Subject: [Zope] External Method

I think that I will have to use External Method to have access to Local File
System. Untill now, I was using the Zope Product: Local FileSystem, but
because I'm having some difficulties to make this work like the way I want,
I would like to ask, if somebody, could tell me the code that I must use to
make that the External Method access the Local Filesystem.
I know that this External Methods use Python.

I'm asking for this because I'm new with Zope.