[Zope] Parents solution

Ragnar Beer rbeer@uni-goettingen.de
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 18:52:13 +0100

Hooray, thanks a lot for your answers! Works great! Meanwhile I
really got frustrated, downloaded all the zope documentation I could
get from the net, packed it all into one BIG (6Megs, 1300 pages) PDF
file, searched it and found the solution in the DTML Namespace Howto.
Just as I thought: it was a retrieval problem. I wish I could get all
the List archives (with threads) into one file, too. There's such a
lot of Information out there...

Ok, here are the answers that I found:

>  >|  1. How can a dtml-method know which folder it is in?

<dtml-var "PARENTS[0].id">

>  >|  2. How can an external method know which folder it is in?

self.REQUEST.PARENTS[0].id

Ragnar