[Zope] Bug in <dtml-comment> ?

Christopher J. Kucera ckucera@globalcrossing.com
Tue, 08 Feb 2000 13:54:34 -0600

Stephen Pitts wrote:
> Zope by default runs your document through some sort of XML validating
> parser that wants tags to open and close in correct nested order. A
> workaround is to mangle the name of the tag, i.e.:

Yeah, or another workaround would be to just close the tags inside the
comment, but it seems to me that the Zope XML parser should just completely
ignore what's inside a comment.  I shouldn't have to go through and
modify code inside a dtml-comment just so I can try out a completely
different dtml-let (or the like) . . .

Of course, then I suppose that nested comments wouldn't work, either.
Still, I'd like to see the dtml-comment tag behave more comment-like
and less "just another tag"-like.

Just my $0.02,
-CJ