[Zope] Is e-commerce feasible with Zope?

Diego Dainese xdsi@xddainese.unive.it
10 Feb 2000 12:43:26 +0100

On Tue, 8 Feb 2000 11:02:26 -0500 "Kevin Dangoor"
<kid@kendermedia.com> wrote:
[...]
> > In the short term I don't foresee a lot of traffic on my site, and I
> > hope that in the long term the problem with ZODB will be fixed.
>
> DC knows about this, but I'm not sure if there is a reasonable core-level
> solution to it. The problem can be dealt with at the application level.

OK.

[...]
> Also, DC plans to make it possible to use multiple storages for one logical
> object database. There are some heavy duty issues they need to work out
> before that is possible though. Once it happens, you could use the
> FileSystem storage for your relatively static content and BerkeleyStorage or
> SQLStorage for frequently changing content. There are limitless
> possibilities for dealing with these issues where the application demands
> it.

This would be very cool :-)

+++

I'm still not sure if I will go on with Zope for this project (my boss
is pushing me to meet the deadline, no matter the tool I use) but I
will for sure keep an eye on its development.

Thank you all for the replies, bye

--
Diego   | To reply remove the `x' and swap the | Sorry for my
Dainese | words around the `@' in the address. | bad English.