[Zope] PIL/Photo Product win32 installation?

Darran Edmundson dee124@rsphy1.anu.edu.au
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 00:41:01 +1100 (EST)

I just read a slew of month-old posts on EGroups about
my exact question ... but to no avail.  I installed
PIL in the $(ZopeDir)/lib/python/Products/Photo directory.
If I leave PIL's default __init__.py (empty) then the
Photo Product is not "broken" but creating a Photo
instance dies with "Attribute error - Image" in photo.py.
If I instead follow the instructions and copy the __init__.py
distributed with the Photo Product in the install_PIL
subdirectory then the product is broken with the previously
reported "_imaging" dll error.  PIL works fine with my non-Zope
python so its got to be a configuration error.  Help from
one of the many who have faced this problem (and conquered
it) is much appreciated.

Cheers,
Darran.