[Zope] How to fix a "broken" object?

James W. Howe jwh@allencreek.com
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 15:58:10 -0500

At 09:41 PM 2/10/00 +0100, Thomas Weiner wrote:
>"James W. Howe" schrieb:
> >
> > Much to my dismay, for some reason I have some classes in my Zope
> > environment which are "broken".  The message I get when I try to access
> > them is:
>[...]
> >
> > Does anybody have any tips or ideas on what may have happened?  I'm going
> > to poke around the source code to see if I can find any clues, but if
> > anyone else has experienced this sort of problem and knows how to fix it I
> > would appreciate hearing from you.
>
>I observed the same after upgrading. I fixed it by copying the complete
>Products directory of my old ZOPE installation to the new one. Probably
>a product that wasn't installed properly caused this weird behaviour of
>the correctly installed products.

BRAVO!

After reading your message I realized that I had installed the latest
PTKBase product.  I hadn't made the connection that things broke after
making that change.  I was lucky enough to have an older version of PTKBase
lying around and I replaced the PTKBase with the old one.  I restarted ZOPE
and voila!  My broken items were fixed.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Now my concern is why installing a different
PTKBase should have affected items which had nothing (to my knowledge) to
do with the PTK.

James W. Howe				mailto:jwh@allencreek.com
Allen Creek Software, Inc.		pgpkey: http://ic.net/~jwh/pgpkey.html
Ann Arbor, MI  48103