[Zope] Python Method

Farzad Farid farzy@via.ecp.fr
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 00:28:38 +0100

On Thu, Feb 10, 2000, Toby Dickenson wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2000 14:48:25 +0100, Farzad Farid <farzy@via.ecp.fr>
> wrote:
>
> >The problem is that the PythonMethod product gives you all or nothing
> >depending on this variable, there is no intermediate security level.
>
> I dont see much advantage to 'half secure'.

 If for example I need a simple hashing function like md5 I cannot
even use an 'import md5' statement in a PythonMethod. I have to use an
External Method, therefore a root access on the server, which is quite
painful, juste to be able to use that simple function.
 Unless I missed the point, but there's no documention in PythonMethod
to help me.

 Regards

--
Farzad FARID <farzy@via.ecp.fr>