[Zope] Let's do the Time Warp again!

John Edstrom edstrom@Poopsie.hmsc.orst.edu
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 16:34:17 -0800

How are the modification times of Zope objects reckoned?  I was
wondering how to set the last-modified field in the response.  I have
a folder with some objects and subfolders that will be displayed in
text or dtml-tree formats.

If I use "lynx -head" to look at the folder, I get the modification
date of index_html.

If I look at the 'page info' page in me navigator, it has no mod time
info at all.

If I print bobobase_modification_time in index_html, I get the mod
time of the folder, the time an object was added to, or deleted from,
the folder, or when a property was changed.

Two questions:

1) I plan to scan the folder and use the mod time of the youngest
object in the folder as the mod time of the overall folder object with
REQUEST.setHeader('Last-Modified',max(datetimes[]).  How do I get the
mod time from objects in general?  Bobobase_modification_time is a
string, I'd like to get the value that bobobase_etcetera stringifies.

2) It seems that the ZServer response to HEAD requests involves some
initiatives that are not taken with ordinary GET reqests to the same
object. Is there any way to make it consistent with what I do for 1),
or will it override my methods for reporting the mod time of my
objects?

	je

--
 Urbane guerilla in the mist