[Zope] Zope and IIS

James W. Howe jwh@allencreek.com
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 20:43:48 -0500

At 10:12 AM 02/10/2000 +0900, Brian Takashi Hooper wrote:
>Hi there James -
>
>I have done my share of struggling with this kind of configuration...
>here's a few ideas to try:
>
>On Wed, 09 Feb 2000 12:35:14 -0500
>"James W. Howe" <jwh@allencreek.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to get my Zope installation to work with IIS.  I've read
> various
> > items from the mailing lists and I've read the how-to's and I still can't
> > get it to work correctly.  The closest I've come is getting the Zope
> > welcome screen.  I've never been able to see any contents of my site.
> >
> > I think I've followed the process correctly.
>[...]
>
> > 5. I've modified by access file to just be of the following format:
> >
> >      <domain>/<userid>:
> >
> > The domain is uppercase and the userid is how it was defined in the user
> > manager.
>I don't believe it should be necessary to change the access file.
>The idea is to get Zope to handle the authentication, not IIS.
> > 6. I've set the permissions on the zope.pcgi file to disable anonymous but
> > activated basic and challenge/response.
>Actually, it should be the opposite, I think.
>Enable anonymous access.
>Disable both basic and challenge/response.

I can't seem to get Zope to do authentication.  If I disable basic and
challenge/response and enable anonymous, IIS wants me to set a default user
for anonymous.  I no longer get any authentication dialog and all I can see
is Zope's opening screen.  I can't see the management interface at all (not
surprising since I didn't really authenticate).

>It is (in my experience) also necessary to turn off custom error pages
>for 404 errors.

I have done that.

James Howe			internet: mailto:jwh@allencreek.com
Allen Creek Software, Inc.        pgpkey:
http://ic.net/~jwh/pgpkey.html
Ann Arbor, MI  48103