[Zope] CV/Resume database (was: How-to generate an XMLDocument automatically?)

Darran Edmundson Darran.Edmundson@anu.edu.au
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 12:03:07 +1100

Hi Matthieu,

I can't address the XML question but I can describe
how I implemented a CV/Resume in Zope that is working
very nicely indeed.  I created a Product as follows:

root
  Control_Panel
     Products
        CVProduct
            PersonClass
                properties (nonchanging personal info)
                methods
                   DegreeClass
                   AwardsClass
                   EmploymentClass
                   HobbyClass

I add a PersonClass instance with unchanging personal
details, photo, etc.  This person can then add any
number of DegreeClass, AwardsClass, EmploymentClass,
HobbyClass instances.  All of these have StartDate,
EndDate and Active fields in addition to Class-specific
fields.  It is then very easy to render a complete CV
by looping over these instances.

You might have already implemented this - if not,
give it some thought as it's very flexible.  Kudos
to Phillip for suggesting this OO pattern.

Cheers,
Darran.